$500 Triple Play Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
The $500 Triple Play Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will begin on Monday, August 5, 2013 and end on Friday, October 11, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”). A total of fifty (50) cash prize winners will each be awarded Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) (“Prize”).
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of WOSF-FM (“Station”) who are legal residents of the United States residing within the Charlotte, North Carolina metropolitan area, and are 21 years of age and older will be able to take part in this Sweepstakes. To participate in the Sweepstakes, listeners must do the following:
- During the Sweepstakes Period, listen to Station for the on-air announcement for the 15th caller to contact the Station. Be the designated caller at 704-570-1053 after the on-air solicitation for callers has been made. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Sweepstakes participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- Eligible callers will be awarded the Prize on the condition that they can name the song played at 10am, 2pm and 5pm on that same day. Winners will be asked to verify their contact information (e.g. name, address, phone number, and email address).
- Winners will be instructed to come to the offices of the Station located at 8809 Lenox Pointe Drive, Suite A, Charlotte, North Carolina 28273, to claim the Prize.
- Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim the Prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Station.
- All decisions made by the Station and Charlotte Broadcasting, LLC (“Company”) management regarding any aspect of this Sweepstakes are final.
- The Sweepstakes is open to listeners of the Station who are 21 years of age and older and are legal residents of the United States residing within Charlotte, North Carolina metropolitan area..
- Employees of the Station, the Company, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Charlotte, NC metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those living in the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
- Participants may only win once during this Sweepstakes.
- Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from the Station within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this contest are not eligible to participate. Only one (1) person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from the Station during any thirty (30) day period, or in the case of this Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Each winner will be awarded the following:
- A check for Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00).
- Prizes will not be mailed. Unless otherwise provided, Prize must be claimed at the Station’s offices by no later than 5pm within thirty (30) days of the date of winning.
- No substitution of Prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by Station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
- All Sweepstakes winners must sign and date official Station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the Prize.
- All cash prizes won will be awarded in the form of a check. Winners will be notified when their prize check is available for pick up.
- If for any reason a Sweepstakes winner decides not to accept the Prize awarded, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the Prize. It will be at the discretion of the Sweepstakes sponsor and / or Sweepstakes administrator if another winner is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
- If Sweepstakes winner does not claim their prize within 30 days of winning notification, the prize will be forfeited.
- In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by the Station, in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she will be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Station and / or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
- During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Sweepstakes by listening for the cue to call.
- The Sweepstakes will progress in the following manner:
- Participants must be the 15th caller once they hear the cue to call.
- The dial-in number is (704) 570-1053 to become an on-air participant.
- Upon becoming the correct caller, each participant must name the song played at 10am, 2pm and 5pm. If all 3 songs are correct, the caller will be awarded a cash prize of $500.00. At the time of the call, the winner will be asked to provide their contact information (off the air); name, address, phone number, social security number and email address. If the caller answers incorrectly, the next caller will have the opportunity to win the $500 prize.
- The qualifying winners will be instructed to come to the offices of the Station to pick up their check after being contacted by the Promotions Department.
- All decisions made by the Station and Company management regarding any aspect of this Sweepstakes are final.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the Prize.
- Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
- No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible participants during the Sweepstakes Period.
- By participating in the Sweepstakes, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Sweepstakes.
- All Sweepstakes winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold the Station, the Company, any other Sweepstakes parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Sweepstakes participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
- Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
- The Station retains the right to disqualify any participant if all Sweepstakes rules are not followed. Sweepstakes void if prohibited by law.
- So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the Station reserves the right to make changes in the Sweepstakes rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
- The Station, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any participant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, the Station, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete Sweepstakes entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
- By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that the Station and the Company, have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- The Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Sweepstakes, including; cancellation of the Sweepstakes as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of the Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; reasonable attempts will be made to offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
- If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Sweepstakes entries, or any other causes beyond the Station and the Company’s, control which, in the Station and the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Station and the Company reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes at their sole discretion.
- Copies of Sweepstakes rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of the Station, located at 8809 Lenox Pointe Drive, Suite A, Charlotte, North Carolina 28273. Copies of Sweepstakes rules may also be made available during on-site / in-person remote events.