I am a HUGE fan of Chris Brown’s new song, Deuces. It is unarguably one of my favorites – and I don’t have favorites. As I was surfing the web, I came across an article about the song from blogger Kia O. Moore. I read the article and thought, “Is it really that serious.”
In the song Brown and rappers Tyga and Kevin McCall are basically telling a girl they are moving on because she keeps too much drama.
In the article Moore says she is torn about liking the song because in it Brown tells the girl to keep it drama free. She suggests that it would be better if he would have asked her to keep it drama free. She goes further and draws the analogy between Chris’ domestic violence incident and the song.
Here are mine:
- I don’t take domestic violence lightly, but this is a song.
- Not only is it a song, it’s a dope song.
- And the song reflects typical feelings held in any relationship – domestic violence in the past or not.
And her thoughts raise these two questions for me:
- Should Chris be more selective in the songs he selects because of his past?
- When will we let Chris move on with his life?
Sound off in the comments below.