Nationally recognized nutrition expert and published author Keri Glassman is the founder and president of Keri Glassman, Nutritious Life, a nutrition practice based in New York City. For years, Keri has been a leader in advancing a “whole person” approach to health and wellness. She has dedicated her career to creating services and promoting education through her Nutritious Life brand. Keri was also the first registered dietitian to create a real food-based snack bar, KeriBar.
What foods can help boost my metabolism?
Cayenne pepper and Green tea
What is the best way to jump-start weight loss?
Take out all packaged and processed foods. All sugar and added sodium.
What is your take on Quorn products. The meatless & soy free brand?
I am NOT a fan of fake soy! A little bit of real soy ok.
What is the best time to stop eating, before going to bed?
Aim for two hours at least.
How can you gain weight if you are underweight?
Add in calorie sense. Healthy foods like olive oil and nuts and whole grains like brown rice and quinoa.
Is it always the fried food that makes people obese or not exercising?
Combo but food more powerful!
How many Carbohydrates should a woman who needs to lose weight intake?
About 40% of your calories should come from carbs but from things like yogurt, fruit, veggies and small portions of whole grains.
How do I get rid of my belly fat that came with menopause?
Exercise, reduce stress, health fats like avocado and olive oil, and take out all refined carbs!
Any advice on that mid fat at 58, still slender; just gained a belly and I am active because of my job.
Reduce stress!!! Stress associated with belly fat! And take out all refined carbs!
What’s your impression of the app My Fitness Pal?
Great way to track progress!
1. Bobbi Kristina - before1 of 38
2. Bobbi Kristina -after2 of 38
3. Chrisette Michele - before3 of 38
4. Chrisette Michele - after4 of 38
5. Queen Latifah - before5 of 38
6. Queen Latifah - after6 of 38
7. Tami Roman - before7 of 38
8. Tami Roman - afterSource:PR Photos 8 of 38
9. Randy Jackson - before9 of 38
10. Randy Jackson - after10 of 38
11. Paula Patton - before11 of 38
12. Paula Patton - after12 of 38
13. Aretha Franklin, Before13 of 38
14. Aretha Franklin, After14 of 38
15. Jennifer Hudson, Before15 of 38
16. Jennifer Hudson, After16 of 38
17. Anthony Anderson, Before17 of 38
18. Anthony Anderson, After18 of 38
19. Jill Scott, Before19 of 38
20. Jill Scott, After20 of 38
21. Jordin Sparks, Before21 of 38
22. Jordin Sparks, After22 of 38
23. Kyle Massey, Before23 of 38
24. Kyle Massey, After24 of 38
25. Monique, Before25 of 38
26. Monique, After26 of 38
27. Raven Symone, Before27 of 38
28. Raven Symone, After28 of 38
29. Star Jones, Before29 of 38
30. Star Jones, After30 of 38
31. Rev. Al Sharpton, Before31 of 38
32. Rev. Al Sharpton, After32 of 38
33. Al Roker, Before33 of 38
34. Al Roker, After34 of 38
35. Amber Riley, before35 of 38
36. Amber Riley, After36 of 38
37. Janet Jackson, Before37 of 38
38. Janet Jackson, After38 of 38
Getting 2014 Started Off on the Right, Healthy Foot was originally published on blackamericaweb.com