Dr. Dre is joining the billionaire’s club! According to reports, the rapper and mega music producer is in the final steps of closing a deal with Apple to sale his Beats Electronics brand.
Sources say Apple is snatching up the company that brought us Beats By Dre for a whopping $3.2 billion! “Since Dre and Interscope honcho Jimmy Iovine created the brand … it’s a safe bet they will walk away with a huge chunk of that cash,” TMZ repots. “Dre and Jimmy created the brand back in 2008 with headphones — but now they’re also making bank off speakers, car audio systems, and a streaming service.”
The deal, which is on its way to becoming Apple’s biggest acquisition yet, is expected to close next week.
As we reported earlier, the headphone connoisseur landed at No. 2 on Forbes wealthiest artists in hip-hop list last month. Coming in second to Diddy, Dre’s net worth was estimated at $550 million.
Somebody pop the bubbly!
Check Out This Gallery
The Sweeter The Juice: Billionaires Who Love Black Women!
1. For The Love Of MoneySource:Rebecca D'Angelo/Getty Images 1 of 12
2. Eve With Husband, Maximillion CooperSource:Jim Spellman/Getty Images 2 of 12
3. Mellody Hobson WIth Hubby, George LucasSource:David Crotty/Getty Images 3 of 12
4. Janet Jackson With Hubby, Wissam Al ManaSource:Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty Images 4 of 12
5. Beyonce With Hubby, Jay ZSource:Ian West/Getty Images 5 of 12
6. Naomi Campbell With Controverisial Ex, Vladimir DoroninSource:Fiona Hanson/Getty Images 6 of 12
7. Kelly Rowland With Old Flame Sir Richard BransonSource:Harold Cunningham/Getty Images 7 of 12
8. Iman With Hubby, David BowieSource:Ron Davis/Getty Images 8 of 12
9. Angela Howard With Hubby, Matt StoneSource:Tibrina Hobson/Getty Images 9 of 12
10. Grace Hightower With Hubby, Robert De NiroSource:Gary Gershoff/Getty Images 10 of 12
11. Patrice Motsepe WIth Hubby Dr. Precious Moloi MotsepeSource:Kevin Mazur/Getty Images 11 of 12
12. Sheila and Bob JohnsonSource:Rebecca D'Angelo/Getty Images 12 of 12
Billionaire Status! Dr. Dre Is Selling Beats To Apple For $3.2 Billion was originally published on hellobeautiful.com