During New York Fashion Week, pins from Planned Parenthood will be featured everywhere in an effort to promote awareness and education on issues such as STI testing, birth control and sex education. After having a strong presence in the Women’s March in Washington DC after the inauguration, the CFDA decided to partner up with Planned Parenthood during a time when many designers will be under one roof.
The pins come in a bright pink color and were designed by the Conde Nast Creative Group. They plan on having the pins worn by front-row guests during the shows as well as designers and models who will be hitting the runway.
Spearheaded by CFDA board member Tracy Reese, the pins are a reflection of the impact fashion had during the Women’s March and they intend to keep that presence going with the upcoming New York Fashion Week. In a statement, Tracy says, “Planned Parenthood is often the only option for this type of care in underserved communities. By creating a visually engaging and fashionable pin, we hope to create an organic social media movement promoting awareness and education.”
To find out more about Planned Parenthood, visit them here.
To see if your favorite designer will be at New York Fashion week, go here.
#NYFWNoir: The Best In Black Street Style & Moments From NYFW
1. ART DECOSource:Hello Beautiful 1 of 25
2. POP OF PINKSource:Hello Beautiful 2 of 25
3. NEW YORK CITYSource:Hello Beautiful 3 of 25
4. BLACK AND WHITESource:Hello Beautiful 4 of 25
5. BYRON LARSSource:Instagram 5 of 25
6. BASIC BLACK CLUTCHSource:Hello Beautiful 6 of 25
7. POWERSource:Hello Beautiful 7 of 25
8. ROMPERSource:Hello Beautiful 8 of 25
9. MIXED PRINTSSource:Hello Beautiful 9 of 25
10. STRIPES AND SMILESSource:Hello Beautiful 10 of 25
11. ESSENCE STREET STYLE BLOCK PARTYSource:Instagram 11 of 25
12. JUMP AROUNDSource:Hello Beautiful 12 of 25
13. AFRICA MIRANDASource:Instagram 13 of 25
14. DENIMSource:Hello Beautiful 14 of 25
15. COCO CHANEL CLASSICSource:Hello Beautiful 15 of 25
16. FALL LIPSTICKSSource:Hello Beautiful 16 of 25
17. SHAMIKA SANDERSSource:Instagram 17 of 25
18. AFROSource:Hello Beautiful 18 of 25
19. GO BIGSource:Hello Beautiful 19 of 25
20. KRISTI CASTLINSource:Instagram 20 of 25
21. GABRIEL WILLIAMS OF STUFF FLY PEOPLE LIKESource:Instagram 21 of 25
22. FASHION BOMB DAILY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PARTYSource:Instagram 22 of 25
23. LAQUAN SMITH SS17Source:Instagram 23 of 25
24. SIR JOHN GALLERYSource:Instagram 24 of 25
25. HUMBLE LIKE KANYESource:Instagram 25 of 25
Tracy Reese Leads CFDA Partnership With Planned Parenthood For NYFW was originally published on hellobeautiful.com