Whoopi Goldberg has a few words for the millions annoyed with Pepsi’s tone deaf commercial featuring Kendall Jenner and we can’t say we’re surprised.
On a recent episode of ABC’s The View, the topic turned to the Pepsi ad that has all of America talking and co-host WhoopI wasted no time giving her opinion on claims that the commercial was partially a failure because of its cultural appropriation.
While Goldberg agrees that it was an all-around bad commercial that just failed to hit its intended mark, she disagrees with the accusations that it was filled with cultural appropriation. She states that if black women want to claim cultural appropriation then all of them should be wearing their natural hair and not “white lady hair.”
As expected, the comment made the rounds on social media and many were quick to take issue with Goldberg’s comments, citing her previous controversial statements regarding race in the past. She has never been one to back down, so don’t expect her to sugar coat her comments on the issue any time soon.
What do you think Beauties? Do you agree with Goldberg’s opinion?
You can check out the FULL clip of Whoopi Goldberg’s comment BELOW:
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text NC to 71007 to join our text club!
<b>Sign Up For Our Newsletter! </b>
<strong>The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews</strong>: Follow @oldschool1053
40 Braid Styles To Update Your Look Just In Time For Spring
1. Career UpdoSource:Instagram 1 of 16
2. Split with detailSource:Instagram 2 of 16
3. ComboSource:Instagram 3 of 16
4. Lock and SetSource:Instagram 4 of 16
5. Berry braidsSource:Instagram 5 of 16
6. Bob it outSource:Instagram 6 of 16
7. Shaved glorySource:Instagram 7 of 16
8. Classic updo twistSource:Instagram 8 of 16
9. Strawberry Blonde GlorySource:Instagram 9 of 16
10. Twisted BeautySource:Instagram 10 of 16
11. Curve appealSource:Instagram 11 of 16
12. Send a MessageSource:Instagram 12 of 16
13. Senegalese TwistSource:Instagram 13 of 16
14. S BraidSource:Instagram 14 of 16
15. Tuen HeadsSource:Instagram 15 of 16
16. Royal lengthsSource:Instagram 16 of 16