Bill Cosby‘s sexual assault trial has taken an unexpected turn.
CNN reports that jurors say they are deadlocked and cannot come to a unanimous consensus on any of the three counts of aggravated indecent assault the comedian faces. The jury began deliberating on Monday, but was told by Judge Steven O’Neill to go back to deliberating in another attempt to reach consensus.
O’Neil stated, “I am required to read you an instruction. The jury foreman has informed me that you are deadlocked. If you are still deadlocked you should report that to me. If you’ve reached a unanimous decision on some of the charges, please report that back to me.”
The director of communications for the Pennsylvania Courts, Jim Koval, says there is no limit to how many times a judge can issue a jury the Spencer Charge (a set of instructions that asks jurors to re-examine their own views and opinions), which is called the Allen Charge in some other states. The jury is made up of four white women, six white men, one black woman and one black man, who have been deliberating for about 31 hours in total.
In the event that they still cannot reach consensus, a hung jury will cause the judge to declare a mistrial. We’ll keep you updated on the latest.
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text NC to 71007 to join our text club!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @oldschool1053
PHOTOS OF THE DAY 1/24/13: Bill Cosby, Common, Chelsea Handler & More!
1. 1. Wow! Common looks damn good in this grey fitted suit at the Hollywood premiere of "Movie 43." || Photo credit: Wenn.1 of 10
2. 2. Quadruple threat! Actor, writer, comedian and producer Larry David flashes a half-smile at the "Movie 43" premiere. || Photo credit: Wenn.2 of 10
3. 3. Blast from the past! Bill Cosby poses at the SFJAZZ Historic Opening Night Concert. Lookin' good, Bill! || Photo credit: Wenn.3 of 10
4. 4. Green with envy! Late night funny-woman Chelsea Handler rocks this casual emerald green look on the "Movie 43" red carpet. || Photo credit: Wenn.4 of 10
5. 5. Carlton! '90s sitcom star Alfonso Ribeiro and Angela Unkrich turn heads at the premiere of "Movie 43." || Photo credit: Wenn.5 of 10
6. 6. All grown up! Ex-disney star Ashley Tisdale looks smokin' on the red carpet! || Photo credit: Wenn.6 of 10
7. 7. Hang loose! The always hilarious Patrick Warburton flashes some beach inspired hand signs at the "Movie 43" premiere. || Photo credit: Wenn.7 of 10
8. 8. Oh so chic! Chloe Grace Moretz looks casual, yet chic, in this black and white red carpet ensemble. || Photo credit: Wenn.8 of 10
9. 9. Jazz it up! Robert Townsend and Chris Tucker take advantage of a photo-op at the SFJAZZ Historic Opening Night Concert. || Photo credit: Wenn.9 of 10
10. 10. Double take! Madame Tussauds unveils their oh-so-real looking wax figure of Sandra Bullock. Are you sure that's not really her? || Photo credit: Wenn.10 of 10
It’s Been Three Days And Bill Cosby’s Jury Still Can’t Decide On A Verdict was originally published on globalgrind.com