If you’re the parent of a teenager, specifically one who has headed off to college, then you’ve likely experienced the communication between the two of you has noticeably decreased. With newly found freedom, making friends, juggling class loads and settling in, college students tend to ignore their parents when they first start college. Well, one student learned the hard way when her mom unleashed a bit of hilarious revenge on her daughter for ignoring her.
Reported by Yahoo! News, Nicole Walters finally had enough of her daughter ignoring her endless phone calls and text messages, and decided to take matters into her own hands…with hilarious results. Walters, 32, is a mother of three and an entrepreneur, but that didn’t stop her from taking time out of her day to teach her daughter a lesson.
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text NC to 71007 to join our text club!
Via Yahoo! News:
[Nicole Walters,] who didn’t hear from her daughter for several days after dropping her off at college, swung by campus to deliver what can only be described as a missing person flier in a hilarious viral video.
On Aug. 22, Walters and her husband had plans with their freshman daughter, but when she didn’t respond to their text messages and phone calls, the worried parents decided to pay her a visit.
Walters filmed the aftermath of the visit and posted it to Facebook, where it’s received 53,000 reactions, 14,000 comments, and 3.6 million views. “Bless her heart,” Walters says of her teen in the footage. “She thought she could dip off and go ghost for three days. No you won’t. What you’re not fittin’ to do, while I pay tuition, is disappear for three days.”
Walters, in an interview with Yahoo! Beauty explained her unconventional parenting method and her motives for her daughter:
“I have a pretty structured way of parenting, but what you saw in the video was everyone’s mom in their worst moment.” Walters added that her parenting style is unique to her family. “I adopted my daughters a few years ago and they didn’t have support, so they’re not used to adults who are consistently present. I want them to know that ‘out of sight’ doesn’t mean ‘out of mind.’”
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @oldschool1053
The mom says that the college visit was necessary. “We wanted to reset our daughter’s intentions and remind her that her past doesn’t have to dictate her future,” she says.
You can check out the FULL video of the funny encounter HERE:
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Check out today’s Top Stories here:
Rap Stars With a College Degree
1. Honorary: Diddy spent some time at Howard University but never finished. This year he received an honorary Doctorate.1 of 23
2. Childish Gambino (Donald Glover) Glover graduated with a degree in Dramatic Writing from NYU’s Tisch School of the Art.2 of 23
3. Honorary: Lil Wayne went to the University of Houston before transferring to the University of Phoenix to take classes online.3 of 23
4. Camron graduated from junior college in Texas4 of 23
5. 2 Chainz graduated from Alabama State University5 of 23
6. Lil Jon graduated high school, finished college at Ohio State University in ’93 and straight into the music biz. (AP)6 of 23
7. Producer, Singer Ryan Leslie has a Degree in Government & Economics from Harvard University. (PR Photos)7 of 23
8. Joe Torry has a Degree in Mass Communications from Lincoln University. (PR Photos)8 of 23
9. David Banner has a Bachelor’s Degree in Business from Southern University. (PR Photos)9 of 23
10. Young MC has a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from the University of Southern California. (PR Photos)10 of 23
11. Ludacris has a Bachelor’s Degree in Music Management from Georgia State University. (AP)11 of 23
12. Public Enemy’s Chuck D. has a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design from Adelphi University (New York) (PR Photos)12 of 23
13. M.I.A. She completed a program in fine art, film and video at London’s Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design. AP13 of 23
14. Ice Cube earned a degree in Architecture from Phoenix Institue of Technology in 1988. (PR Photos)14 of 23
15. Stat Quo has a Bachelor’s in International Business & Economics from the University of Florida. (TheUrbanDaily)15 of 23
16. Rapper Sage Francis earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from the University of Rhode Island in 1999. (Twitter)16 of 23
17. Talib Kweli has a New York University Theatre and Arts Degree. (Photo: AP)17 of 23
18. Flava Flav earned degrees in Radio Communications & Business from Adelphi University. (Photo: AP)18 of 23
19. MC Solaar earned degrees in Languages and Philosophy from the Jussieu Campus of the University of Paris. (Tumblr)19 of 23
20. Musta Ace earned a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Rhode Island. (Tumblr)20 of 23
21. Rumor has it that Plies graduated from a four year college in Miami with a Degree in Nursing. (Photo: EURweb)21 of 23
22. The late great GURU (Keith Elam) earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Morehouse College22 of 23
23. Motown Gospel Revue23 of 23
Mom Hilariously Gets Revenge On College Student Daughter For Ignoring Her Calls was originally published on hellobeautiful.com