While Harvey Weinstein’s case has percolated through Hollywood like a rocket, Black Hollywood has remained relatively mum regarding the issue.
But “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star Terry Crews came forward on Tuesday afternoon in a series of 16 tweets describing a 2016 incident where he was groped by an unnamed Hollywood executive at an industry party in front of his wife Rebecca.
Crews does not name the perpetrator, but underscores that he understands the severity of why many women remain silent when they experience sexual assault and harassment. He also touches on why race and the possible loss of job opportunities was a major factor that prevented him from coming forward.
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text NC to 71007 to join our text club!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews:
Several notable Hollywood celebrities have come forward in light of the of the explosive allegations regarding years of alleged abuse at the hands of Weinstein.
To date, several leading ladies including Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow, Rose McGowan and numerous others, have all come forward to describe their reported experiences with Weinstein. In the days following, other notables like Meryl Streep condemned Weinstein after The New York Times published the exclusive report on Thursday.
Crews’ account highlights the problematic predatory behavior that exits in Hollywood and also reminds us that it does not discriminate towards race or gender.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Donna Karan Defends Harvey Weinstein Amidst Sexual Assault Scandal, Then Apologizes
Nelly’s Rape Accuser Says He Didn’t Use A Condom
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Terry Crews, Olivia Wilde & More
10 photos Launch gallery
1. Swag god and pro wrestler Iron Sheik was spotted wearing the “Pharrell Hat,” aka the Vivienne Westwood mountain hat, while riding through New York City.
1 of 10
2. The Royal family, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, Katherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George of Cambridge arrive at Wellington Airport in royal fashion.
2 of 10
3. RHOA Cast Member Cynthia Bailey and recording artist Janelle Monae attend the ‘RIO 2’ Listening After Party in Atlanta.
3 of 10
4. The man Terry Crews signs autographs for the crowd before he hit the red carpet for the premiere of “Draft Day.”
4 of 10
5. Jennifer Garner was all smiles during the premiere of Summit Entertainment’s “Draft Day” at Regency Bruin Theater.
5 of 10
6. Kevin Costner and actress Jennifer Garner share a friendly hug at the after party for “Draft Day.”
6 of 10
7. Someone is having a blast! Marion Broderick and Tabitha Broderick are ready for spring on their way to school in the West Village.
7 of 10
8. Look at the big boy! January Jones and baby Xander enjoy a mother/son day out for lunch in Pasadena.
8 of 10
9. Pregnant Olivia Wilde was wrapped in a sexy camel coat as she goes for a walk in New York City.
9 of 10
10. Simon Pegg looks exhausted while filming scenes for the movie “Absolutely Anything” on location in London.
10 of 10