Vocal powerhouse Patti LaBelle recently revealed the root of Luther Vandross’ closeted sexuality.
Gay rumors followed the ‘Never Too Much’ R&B star for most of his career but were never confirmed before his untimely death in 2005.
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text NC to 71007 to join our text club!
Now, fellow legendary singer, Patti LaBelle is revealing why Luther didn’t come out during his storied career.
“Basically, he did not want his mother to be…although she might have known, but he wasn’t going to come out and say this to the world,” LaBelle told Andy Cohen on an episode of Watch What Happens Live.
LaBelle also implied that his devoted female fan base might’ve been thrown off by the announcement.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @oldschool1053
“He had a lot of lady fans and he told me he just didn’t want to upset the world,” she added.
You can watch the clip below:
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
10 Reasons Patti LaBelle Is The Auntie We Wish We Had!
1. What a performer!1 of 10
2. She’s socially responsible!2 of 10
3. She’s a boss!3 of 10
4. She is always laughing… and making others laugh!4 of 10
5. Her strength is inspiring. Just think, Patti has thrived for over 50 years, in an industry that has eaten many alive.5 of 10
6. She’s fearless! Just look at that hair!6 of 10
7. Two words: Pattie Pies! No one can throw-down in the kitchen like Patti!7 of 10
8. She can SANG!8 of 10
9. She’s got the tea! With all her experiences, imagine the stories she can tell!9 of 10
10. She’s the coolest Diva, EVER!10 of 10
Patti LaBelle Reveals Luther Vandross Didn’t Come Out Because He “Didn’t Want To Upset The World” was originally published on hellobeautiful.com